Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankfulness

WOW! It has been ages since I've had time to sit down and update everyone. Jamey and I have been busy bees lately and it has been awesome, but definitely stressful at times. Lately we've been up to work and school and I've been studying for the CPA. I've taken two out of the four tests, and I haven't found out any of my scores yet which is driving me CRAZY! I won't find out for a little while longer....

Oh and if you only really care about pictures just scroll to the bottom :)

The holiday season is most certainly upon us and with the passing of Thanksgiving this past week and the quickly approaching Christmas I thought I would document a few things I am thankful for so in the years to come I can look back and see it!

I'm definitely thankful for the fantastic jobs both Jamey and I have. Jamey LOVES his job and I do too which is such a blessing during these crazy times. And even though I absolutely HATE studying I'm glad for the opportunity I have to attend grad school and sit for the CPA exam because both are fairly expensive and time consuming, and so many others don't have the money or time I do to do both, so that is definitely a blessing! I often forget that when I am in the thick of studying and I think I ask Jamey about 124563825 times if I can just quit and become a housewife which I'm totally kidding about (well sort of...), but I get frustrated and need to remind myself I have such a great opportunity which so many others don't have.

I'm also thankful for the amazing apartment we are able to live in and all the great things we have to fill it up with. I am so bad about wishing I had more, prettier, better, etc etc, but really I have a wonderful roof over my head and all the other stuff will come with time!! Everyday I pass so many people that don't even have beds to sleep on so I'm taking time this holiday season to be grateful for the comfy bed I get to crawl into each night.

This past week hanging out with my family made me realize what an awesome family and friends the Lord has given me. I don't even know what all I could say about them because it would never be enough to describe what all they have done for me or what I know they will continue to do for me over the years!! Let's just say I definitely don't deserve all the love my family, friends and even new family have given me over the years and I will continue to repay them forever!

And of course I could never forget to be thankful for my little family! Hewitt, Gandalf, and Jamey may be an odd little family but I wouldn't trade any of them for the world! Jamey has been more understanding than I could ever hope for! Right now he is working on our Christmas cards. I mean what guy would be pouring over the hundreds of pictures we took and making sure we picked out the perfect ones to send out for Christmas?? I don't know many which is just a small reason why I am so thankful for him in my life. In just two weeks we will celebrate our first anniversary. The year has flown by and I can't believe it! He has been my rock this year and I don't know where I would be without him!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too! We spent the days in Gatlinburg with family and we are going to spend the upcoming weekend with more family! Have a good week!





No comments:

Post a Comment